News & Events
Summer Tennis Membership Special Offer
Doubles tennis resumes Sunday 7th June
Following the recent easing of restrictions the LTA has advised that doubles play is now permitted with four people from the same or different households provided they respect the guidelines for social distancing and hygiene.
We have now completed a full COVID-19 risk assessment and doubles play can resume at KDRC this Sunday June 7th, 2020.
However we have had to introduce a few simple rules to ensure players maintain the recommended hygiene, safety and social distancing practices. Please read and follow the below guidelines (specially if you have not attended the club since it was re-opened) a fortnight ago:
- Players must book a court before arriving at the club – there is no “Turn Up and Play” facility.
- ENTER the club by the bike racks; the gate by court 2 is ONLY for exiting the club. See the Covid-19 site plan for more information.
- Hand gel dispensers are by the defibrillator (ENTRY) and court 2 gate (EXIT).
- DO NOT congregate on or around the court before and after play.
- Although players need not use their own balls, please respect the wishes of those who do.
- Do not use or touch balls from other courts – use your racquet/foot to return them.
- If you feel the need to change ends, pass on opposite sides of the net and maintain your distance.
- Staggered start and end times apply to all slots to minimize cross traffic and contact:
- Court 2 – arrive and start on time and finish 10 minutes early.
- Courts 1 and 8 – arrive and start 5 minutes late and finish 5 minutes early.
- Courts 5 and 7 – arrive and start 10 minutes late and finish on time.
- Clean your hands before and after play – and do not touch your face during play.
- If you have booked a court and cannot play, please cancel the booking.
- Court 6 will be closed.
- Keep your distance and follow the various directional arrows and floor markings around the club.
- Avoid chasing the ball on to another court if that court is being used.
- If your partner is not from the same household:
- Stay at least 2 meters apart wherever possible.
- Consider agreeing in advance who will take the shot in the center of the court.
- If you prefer to play singles – please use court 8 where possible.
- Social sessions will restart as soon as government guidelines permit
- The various leagues will remain suspended for now – a separate email will be issued when they resume.
- Please do not brush courts or adjust the nets – Ken will continue to maintain them.
- There are no onsite facilities as the clubhouse and squash building remain closed for now.
Finally, we must stress that play is at your own discretion and risk – we respect that some of you may feel uncomfortable returning to the courts at this time and will welcome you whenever you choose to return.
Please strictly respect all the guidance. It is there for everyone’s safety and to minimize the chance that we have to close the club again.
Thanks for your continued cooperation – if you have any queries or concerns please feel free to contact a member of the Tennis committee.
Squash & Racketball Events Calendar 2020
Tennis Events Calendar 2020
New Court Booking and Floodlight control system
We are still planning to introduce a new court booking and floodlight payment system although this has been delayed by the Corona Virus restrictions.
The major changes that you will notice will be:
- New computer terminal in the clubhouse
- You will need a new fob to access the club / to log in
- No more tokens! Floodlights will be purchased from your account that you will need to put in credit.
The floodlight costs will remain unchanged and squash court lighting will remain free.
We have prepared a set of likely questions and answers which you can find here
New Web Site
A new web site is expected to be fully operational in February 2020. It will be fully responsive so you can use PC, Tablet or Mobile. We will be sending an email to all members shortly to confirm the date for the change over. There will be eight main sections:
- Join-us with information for prospective members
- News and Events – where all the latest information will be published
- Separate pages for Tennis and Squash/Raquetball
- Detail about the clubs facilities on the Clubhouse page
- A Who’s Who with details of the committee
- The final page will contain reference policy documents
We are changing from Globus to Payne Automation in March