News & Events
Covid-19 National Lockdown: Club Closed
President's Christmas Newsletter
Christmas Tennis Membership And Coaching Offers
Covid-19: Squash & Racketball Same Household Play Allowed In Tier 3
Covid-19: Club Reopens For Tennis 2nd Dec
Tennis Holiday, Turkey, 8th-15th May 2021
Doubles tennis resumes Sunday 7th June
Following the easing of restrictions the LTA has advised that doubles play is now permitted with four people from the same or different households provided they respect the guidelines for social distancing and hygiene.
We have now completed a full COVID-19 risk assessment and doubles play can resume at KDRC this Sunday June 7th, 2020.We have had to introduce a few simple rules to ensure players maintain the recommended hygiene, safety and social distancing practices. Please read and follow the below guidelines (specially if you have not attended the club since it was re-opened) a fortnight ago: LOGISTICS
- Players must book a court before arriving at the club – there is no “Turn Up and Play” facility.
- ENTER the club by the bike racks; the gate by court 2 is ONLY for exiting the club. See the Covid-19 site plan for more information.
- Hand gel dispensers are by the defibrillator (ENTRY) and court 2 gate (EXIT).
- DO NOT congregate on or around the court before and after play.
- Although players need not use their own balls, please respect the wishes of those who do.
- Do not use or touch balls from other courts – use your racquet/foot to return them.
- If you feel the need to change ends, pass on opposite sides of the net and maintain your distance.
- Staggered start and end times apply to all slots to minimize cross traffic and contact:
- Court 2 – arrive and start on time and finish 10 minutes early.
- Courts 1 and 8 – arrive and start 5 minutes late and finish 5 minutes early.
- Courts 5 and 7 – arrive and start 10 minutes late and finish on time.
- Clean your hands before and after play – and do not touch your face during play.
- If you have booked a court and cannot play, please cancel the booking.
- Keep your distance and follow the various directional arrows and floor markings around the club.
- Avoid chasing the ball on to another court if that court is being used.
- If your partner is not from the same household:
- Stay at least 2 meters apart wherever possible.
- Consider agreeing in advance who will take the shot in the center of the court.
- If you prefer to play singles – please use court 8 where possible.
- Social sessions have resumed, all members must sign in when attending. Court 1 will be the waiting area.
- The various leagues will remain suspended for now – a separate email will be issued when they resume.
- Please do not brush courts or adjust the nets – Ken will continue to maintain them.
- The only current onsite facilities is a toilet facility in the clubhouse, the remainder of the clubhouse remains closed except when the bar is open.
Squash & Racketball Events Calendar 2020
Tennis Events Calendar 2020
New Web Site
A new web site is expected to be fully operational in February 2020. It will be fully responsive so you can use PC, Tablet or Mobile. We will be sending an email to all members shortly to confirm the date for the change over. There will be eight main sections:
- Join-us with information for prospective members
- News and Events – where all the latest information will be published
- Separate pages for Tennis and Squash/Raquetball
- Detail about the clubs facilities on the Clubhouse page
- A Who’s Who with details of the committee
- The final page will contain reference policy documents
We are changing from Globus to Payne Automation in March